If this is your first visit, then welcome! My name is Todd Trimble. I am a member of the Redding Civic League and a mathematician by training. I started this site to share information that I think is useful and relevant for the Redding Budget Referendum Vote scheduled for June 26, 2018. Many people have since contributed in ways large and small, but any inaccuracies that have crept in should be assigned to me. These pages may be accordingly updated.
To help you navigate the resources available here, here are three introductory posts to help get you started:
- For those who expect to be out of town on June 26: Absentee Ballot Information
- Here are some quick answers to some frequently asked general questions.
- Here is an overview of what has changed between the second and third referenda.
Within these posts you will find numerous links that take you either to other posts or to documents with relevant information. Some of those posts of a more specialized nature are housed at a second site, redding2.fyi, but right now you are at the primary site. You should be able to find your way back home just by hitting the back arrow (you probably knew that).
The date of the upcoming budget referendum is Tuesday, June 26, 2018, as usual at the Redding Community Center from 6am to 8pm.
If you will be out of town that day, please vote by absentee ballot. Here is the APPLICATION for an Absentee Ballot. Please feel free to pass this along to anyone you know who may need to use an Absentee Ballot.
Here is an overview to help you fill it out.
- Fill in the Date Of Referendum as: June 26, 2018
- Fill in your complete legal name, your date of birth, and your address here in Redding.
- Select one of the five reasons you are requesting an absentee ballot. For instance, if you will be traveling on June 26, select “MY ABSENCE FROM TOWN.”
- Then you have to choose if (a) you are handling your application personally or (b) if you are choosing a designee.
- For (a) handling your application personally, proceed as follows:
- Select the box labeled: “TO BE GIVEN TO ME PERSONALLY.”
- Date and Sign the Application.
- Bring the application to Town Hall and hand it Town Clerk Michelle Grande or someone in her office. You will then receive an Absentee Ballot.
- For (b) choosing a designee, proceed as follows:
- Select the box labeled: “TO BE GIVEN TO MY DESIGNEE PERSONALLY.”
- On the line that reads, “I hereby designate” fill in the name of your designee. And then fill in the address of the designee.
- Check either or both of the two boxes below the designee’s address. Note you can have your designee deliver a ballot to you, return your ballot to the municipal clerk, or both.
- If your designee is going to pick up the ballot and return it to the clerk, check both boxes.
- If your designee is only going to pick up the ballot and you are going to return it to the clerk, then just check the first box.
- If you are going to pick up the ballot and then your designee is going to bring it to the clerk, then just check the second box.
- Be sure your designee signs the STATEMENT OF DESIGNEE on the line that says “signature of designee.”
- Be sure that you or your designee brings the application to Town Hall and hands it Town Clerk Michelle Grande or someone in her office. You or your designee will then receive an Absentee Ballot.